PORTLAND — On Tuesday, Nov. 6, voters will cast local ballots in three City Council races, three School Board races, a race for Portland Water District Trustee, and on two referendum questions.
Also on some District 1 ballots are races for two Peaks Island Council seats and five seats on the Casco Bay Lines Board of Directors.
Races for governor, U.S. senator, and in the 1st Congressional District will also be decided, as will one state referendum and four bond questions. Candidates in two state Senate elections and eight Maine House races are also on city ballots.
Absentee voting and ballots will be available through 7 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 1, in the State of Maine Room at City Hall, 389 Congress St.
Polls are open from 7 a.m.-8 p.m. on Election Day at these sites:
• District 1-1, East End Elementary School, 195 North St.
• District 1-2, Merrill Auditorium Rehearsal Hall, 20 Myrtle St.
• District 1-3, Kennedy and Carter Center, 129 Island Ave., Peaks Island
• District 2-1, Reiche Elementary School, 166 Brackett St.
• District 2-2, Exposition Building, 239 Park Ave.
• District 3-1, Woodfords Club, 179 Woodfords St.
• District 3-2, Italian Heritage Center, 40 Westland Ave.
• District 4-1, St. Pius Church, 492 Ocean Ave.
• District 4-2, First Baptist Church, 360 Canco Road
• District 5-1, Deering High School gymnasium, 370 Stevens Ave. (access via Leland Street entrance).
• District 5-2, Grace Baptist Church gymnasium, 476 Summit St.
To find the proper polling place, visit https://bit.ly/2se5SsH.