- Police Beat
- The Forecaster
PORTLAND — Overheated computer equipment led to a two-alarm fire that caused more than $600,000 of damage to a commercial building near Morrill’s Corner Tuesday night, City Hall spokeswoman Nicole Clegg said Wednesday.
No one was injured.
Firefighters responded shortly before midnight to an activated smoke alarm at 812 Stevens Ave., a two-story building that houses a dental office on the first floor and a computer repair shop on the second.
It took about 30 firefighters to extinguish the blaze on the first floor. The value of dental equipment lost or damaged was estimated at $500,000, and damage to the building was estimated at $142,000.
Fire equipment on the scene of a two-alarm fire at 812 Stevens Ave. in Portland Tuesday night.