Sprinkler extinguishes Falmouth electrical fire

  • Mail this page!
  • Delicious
  • 0

FALMOUTH — The Fire-EMS Department responded to a fire Sunday, Nov. 9, at 12:29 p.m. in a multi-use commercial building at 196 U.S. Route 1.

Crews found the building evacuated, according to a press release. Occupants of Foreside Fitness Center reported a burning odor and a light haze of smoke in their part of the building.

After searching the building, crews found that a single sprinkler head was activated in an electrical room in the Morong Falmouth Service Center. The sprinkler head extinguished a fire that appeared to have originated in an electrical box and burned some materials in a closet. Central Maine Power Co. shut off power to the building.

Two dozen firefighters responded to the incident, which was under control in approximately half an hour. No injuries were reported.

0