Smoky blaze in Freeport

  • Mail this page!
  • Delicious
  • 0

Freeport firefighters attack a blaze in a mobile home at 29 Griffin Road (Route 25) Tuesday afternoon, Nov. 19. The fire was caused by a malfunctioning heater, which ignited the home’s floor, according to Fire Chief Darrel Fournier. High winds and low temperatures made the blaze difficult to fight. The home, under renovation by owner Rick Davis, was destroyed with damages estimated at $20,000. There were no injuries. Fire departments from Yarmouth, Pownal, Durham, Brunswick, and Lisbon provided mutual aid to Freeport.