Scarborough fire injures 1

  • Mail this page!
  • Delicious
  • 0

SCARBOROUGH — A fire Wednesday morning injured a woman and destroyed two apartments at 223 Gorham Road, near Mussey Road.

The blaze was believed to have started in the garage of Tailor Done Lawn Care, and spread to the building’s connecting apartments, according to reports.

Gloria Heatly, mother of Tailor Done owner Craig Pooler, was injured in the fire before escaping with her dog. No one else was in the building at the time.

Billowing smoke and flames caught the attention of passersby, including Scarborough High School junior Michael Libby, who called for help.

0