- Police Beat
- The Forecaster
The summer season is about to begin with the announcement of the Farm-to-Table Dining Series at Wolfe’s Neck Center for Agriculture & the Environment in Freeport.
These food events at Mallet Barn further the Center’s mission to transform our relationship with farming and food for a healthier planet. I have attended several in the past and each experience has been delicious, unique and fun.
I list them here with dates that tickets are available because they all sell out very quickly. Please mark your calendars and contact the center online or at 865-4469.
• The season begins on June 23, 5-8 p.m., with the summer tasting event showcasing Masa Miyake; $100 per person including all food and drinks. Tickets on sale to Wolfe’s Neck members May 7 and to the general public May 9.
• Saturday, July 6, 3-6 p.m., Beers in the Barn features Maine breweries and pours made from ingredients foraged or harvested in Maine; 21-plus event, $40 for adults. Tickets on sale to members May 14 and non-members May 16.
• Sunday, Aug. 18, 2-4 p.m. is the Family Ice Cream Social with Mt. Desert Island Ice Cream; $10 per person and kids 4 and under are free. Tickets are on sale for members July 16 and for non-members July 18.
• Sunday, Sept. 15, 5-8 p.m., is Southeast Asian Street Food event with Hugo’s, The Honey Paw and Eventide Oyster Co.; $100 per person includes all food and drinks with sale to members Aug. 6 and non-members Aug. 8.
• Sunday, Oct. 6, 5-8 p.m., is the Harvest Dinner with Piccolo restaurant; $120 per person includes all food and drinks. Tickets are on sale to members Sept. 5 and non-members Sept. 7.
Brunswick Inn, Cinco de Mayo Taco Night, 5:30-9:30 p.m., 165 Park Row, Brunswick, 729-4914.
Tao Yuan Restaurant, Dim Sum Brunch, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Special menu filled with traditional regional dishes. Beverages priced separately. The brunch continues their gastronomic tour of China, which runs through May 26; 22 Pleasant St., Brunswick, 725-9002, $48 per person, reservations highly recommended.
Now You’re Cooking Monthly Wine Tasting, 5 p.m., 49 Front St., Bath, 443-1402, free.
May 12 – Mother’s Day
Brunswick Hotel & Tavern, Mother’s Day Brunch Buffet, 11 a.m.-3 p.m., 4 Noble St., Brunswick, 837-6565, adults $39, seniors $35, reservations required.
Harraseeket Inn, Mother’s Day Grand Buffet, noon-2:30 p.m., 162 Main St., Freeport, 865-9377 or 800-342-6423, $80 per person, reservations required.
Tao Yuan Restaurant, Gastronomic Tour of Sichuan, 4-8 p.m. Special menu filled with traditional regional dishes. Beverages priced separately. This dinner continues their gastronomic tour of China, which runs through May 26; 22 Pleasant St., Brunswick, 725-9002, $48 per person, reservations highly recommended.
April 26-May 5 celebrate Maine Seaweed Week. Frontier Café and Tao Yuan in Brunswick are creating dishes using Maine’s locally harvested kelp. Lots more information at seaweedweek.org.
Sande Updegraph lives in Brunswick and is a longtime food writer. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Mallet Barn at Wolfe’s Neck Center in Freeport during the Summer Dinner Series.