PORTLAND — The Portland Public Schools will hold graduation ceremonies at the following times and locations:
• Portland Arts and Technology High School morning session: 8:30 a.m., Friday, May 20, Building B, PATHS
• Portland Arts and Technology High School afternoon session: 11:30 a.m., Friday, May 20, Building B, PATHS
• Deering High School: 10:30 a.m., Wednesday, June 1, Portland Exposition Building
• Portland High School: 10:30 a.m., Thursday, June 2, Merrill Auditorium
• Casco Bay High School, 6 p.m., Thursday, June 2, Merrill Auditorium
• Portland Adult Education, 6 p.m., Thursday, June 9, Merrill Auditorium
PORTLAND — The public is welcome to attend the following spring concerts at Portland’s public schools:
• Deering High School: 7 p.m., Wednesday, May 25, Deering auditorium.
• Lyman Moore Middle School: 7 p.m., Wednesday, June 1, Moore cafeteria.
• King Middle School: 7 p.m., Thursday, June 2, King cafetorium.
• King Bridge Festival: 12 to 8 p.m., Monday, June 6, Deering Oaks bandstand. Rain location is King Middle School cafetorium.
• Fifth grade after-school orchestra concert: 6:30 p.m., Monday, June 6, Lincoln gym
• Lincoln Middle School: 7 p.m., Tuesday, June 7, Lincoln gym.
• Elementary band and strings concert: 6:30 p.m., Wednesday, June 8, Lincoln gym
PORTLAND — Five students at Portland High School won awards for their scores on the 2011 National French Exam.
The following students received the Lauréat National et Médaille de Bronze for scoring in the top 10th percentile nationally, competing against other native French speakers: Ben Day, national rank 9, Maine rank 2; Yves Engelmann, national rank 10, Maine rank 1; and Mike Niryumwami, national rank 10, Maine rank 1.
Two students received Certificat d’Honneur awards for scoring in the top 20th percentile in the country. They are Christabella Nakumuryango, Maine rank 3, and Michee Runyambo, Maine rank 10.