A Christmas night fire that destroyed a home at 15 Bodge St. was accidental and not of suspicious origin, Lt. Robb Couture of the South Portland Fire Department said Wednesday. Firefighters were called to the home owned by Amy Maddox around 7:50 p.m. Tuesday night. Couture said firefighters saw flames coming from the rear of the residence. No one was home, but firefighters and a neighbor helped rescue a dog trapped inside. The neighbor sustained a cut hand helping rescue the dog, and Deputy Fire Chief James Wilson said he was treated at the scene. No other injuries were reported, and firefighters were on the scene for about three hours, Wilson said.
Cape Elizabeth Cheverus »