A Christmas night fire that destroyed a home at 15 Bodge St. was accidental and not of suspicious origin, Lt. Robb Couture of the South Portland Fire Department said Wednesday. Firefighters were called to the home owned by Amy Maddox around 7:50 p.m. Tuesday night. Couture said firefighters saw flames coming from the rear of the residence. No one was home, but firefighters and a neighbor helped rescue a dog trapped inside. The neighbor sustained a cut hand helping rescue the dog, and Deputy Fire Chief James Wilson said he was treated at the scene. No other injuries were reported, and firefighters were on the scene for about three hours, Wilson said.
PORTLAND — She endured years of troubles, heartaches, courtrooms and counselors while trying to help her son regain a safe»
PORTLAND — Are electronic cigarettes a public health menace, or a valuable tool to help smokers quit the habit?»
I can't stand whining. The substance of it, and the sound of it, are like nails on a chalkboard.»
PORTLAND — Two brothers face assault and civil rights charges after an attack police say was racially motivated.»
Bless the Maine People’s Alliance and Maine AFL-CIO for seeking a referendum vote on raising the minimum wage.»
FALMOUTH — Owners of the OceanView retirement community want to add affordable senior housing and expand onto town propert»