Free dental care available for a day in Cumberland County
PORTLAND — Free dental care will be available Friday, Nov. 2, to adults who otherwise wouldn't be able to afford it, at various offices throughout Cumberland County, according to the Greater Portland Dental Society.
The annual event called Dentists Who Care for ME is in it's fourth year. Appointments will not be accepted beforehand; participants are encouraged to arrive early because slots fill quickly.
The free care will include one treatment: a cleaning, filling, extraction or referral to a specialist, if necessary. In certain situations, people may be referred to one of more than 20 specialist dentists who will also provide free care.
In addition to dentists and dentist specialists, the day includes volunteer hygienists, office assistants and friends.
Coordinating the event are Dr. Demi Kouzounas and Dr. Barry Saltz.
Participating offices and hours include:
• Cumberland — Dr. Michael Frost, 323 Main St., 7:30 a.m.–2 p.m.
• Falmouth — Dr. Kenneth Myers, 2 Blackstrap Road, 8 a.m.–2 p.m.
• Portland — Dr. Alan Chebuske, 110 Auburn St., 8 a.m.–3 p.m.; Drs. David Bagdasarian and Shane Bryant, 1334 Washington Ave., 7 a.m.–noon.; Drs. Kathryn Horutz and David Kerr, 173 Ocean Ave, 8 a.m.–2 p.m.
• Scarborough — Drs. Colette Sirois, Joseph Penna, Demi Kouzounas, Nichol Penna, Barry Saltz, Andra Boak, Jeffrey Brackett, Steve Morse, Michael Cwiklinski, and Prashant Kaushi, 618 Route 1, Suite 4, 8 a.m.–2 p.m.; Drs. Diamond and Homiez, 500 Enterprise Drive, 8 a.m.–3 p.m.
• South Portland — Dr. James Ortengren, 463 Cottage Road, 9 a.m.–2 p.m.; Drs. Sepand Ghanouni, Jeffrey Bellanti, Justin Griffee, and Kristian Richardson, Aspen Dental, 171 Maine Mall Road, 8 a.m.–2 p.m.; Dr. Jean Paul Boudreau, 25 Long Creek Drive, 8 a.m.–noon.
• Yarmouth — Drs. Alex Hutcheon, Amy Fuller, Gary Starbuck, 70 Bayview St., 8 a.m.–4 p.m.