- Police Beat
- The Forecaster
I want to inform Scarborough citizens of the importance of voting for the proposed public safety building:
• The present facilities are severely undersized; every inch of space is used with excessive crowding.
• Service calls have tripled since the last addition in 1989. Community needs have added more than a dozen significant new services in the last two decades.
• The need for this project was identified in 2006, but repeatedly delayed because of the recession.
• Emergency access to Route 1 is dangerously restricted by heavy traffic at Oak Hill.
• The proposal is the result of a nearly year-long study process with a focus on building a cost-effective facility.
• Delays will surely lead to dramatic cost increases.
• The land is free. The town owns the property next to Town Hall. Sale of the present facility will further reduce costs.
• Upkeep of the building has been deferred far too long.
This is a critical issue which deserves your support.
Councilor Bill Donovan