- Police Beat
- The Forecaster
FREEPORT — The Freeport Historical Society will open a new exhibit, “Blacksmiths and Storekeepers,” with a reception May 23 from 5-7 p.m.
The exhibit will highlight and interpret changes in Freeport Village from 1770-1920, beginning with the earliest landowners and developers – a blacksmith and store owners – and ending with the “multi-store blocks and smithies that dominated the village at the turn of the 20th century.”
The opening reception is free and open to the public. The exhibit will run through December.