Fire destroys Freeport garage

  • Mail this page!
  • Delicious
  • 0

A fire on March 27 destroyed a freestanding, single-car garage at 39 Elm St. in Freeport. The fire, which was reported just after 5 p.m., was caused accidentally by a discarded cigarette, Freeport Fire Chief Darrel Fournier said. Firefighters from Freeport and Brunswick prevented the flames from spreading to the adjacent house. No residents or firefighters were harmed. Fournier estimated damage to the garage at around $20,000 and damages to its contents between $5,000 and $6,000.

0