Falmouth Police Beat: June 17

  • Mail this page!
  • Delicious
  • 0


6/8 at 1:24 p.m. Peter Hamilton, 58, of Hancock Street, Gray, was arrested by Officer Stephen Hamilton and charged with assault.


6/8 at 12:39 p.m. Lawrence Moore III, 25, of Route 1, Falmouth, was issued a summons by Officer Phillip Hatch on charges of disorderly conduct and possession of suspended or fictitious license.

Stuffed, not stolen

6/5 at 1:12 p.m. A woman called police to report her purse had been stolen from her shopping cart in Walmart. After an officer had taken the report, the woman discovered she had not taken her purse inside the store but, instead, had stuffed it under the seat of her car.

Private reflections

6/8 at 12:39 p.m. While shopping at Walmart on Route 1, a young woman glanced down to see a 25-year-old man allegedly crouched on the floor next to her, trying to look up her skirt with a mirror he had brought into the store with him. The woman ran for help and an officer caught up with Lawrence Moore III, of Route 1 in Falmouth, and issued him a summons for disorderly conduct and for possession of a suspended or fictitious license.

Robbin’ the waste bin

6/11 at 11:54 a.m. Police received a call from the Falmouth Transfer Station to report that a injured baby hawk was inside the bulky waste bin. The animal control officer responded and determined the bird was a robin, not a hawk. The bird was rescued and taken to the Maine Wildlife Park in Gray.

Fire calls

6/6 at 9:48 p.m. Assist, public, Bucknam Road.

6/7 at 12:31 p.m. Unpermitted burn extinguished, Ledgewood Drive.

6/7 at 4:41 p.m. Smoke investigation, Lakeside Drive.

6/8 at 2:54 p.m. Fire prevention presentation, Blueberry Lane.

6/8 at 7:54 p.m. Mutual aid station coverage, Westbrook.

6/9 at 10:17 p.m. Fire alarm, Old Powerhouse Road.

6/10 at 4:24 a.m. Mutual aid, Butterworth Farm Road, Cumberland.

6/11 at 7:11 a.m. Gas alarm, Summit Terrace.

6/11 at 12:30 p.m. Fire prevention detail, Legion Road.


Falmouth emergency services personnel responded to 15 calls for service during the period reported.