Contractor causes Falmouth natural gas leak

  • Mail this page!
  • Delicious
  • 0

FALMOUTH — A gas leak on Route 1 resulted in a few homes and businesses being evacuated.

The leak near the intersection of Route 1 and Route 88 was reported around 8:30 p.m. on July 14, and was caused when a one-inch line was accidentally cut by a contractor, according to Fire Department Chief Howard Rice Jr.

Evacuations at the Colonial Village condominiums and a few nearby businesses were just a precaution, Rice said. Summit Natural Gas repaired the leak.