Tue, Jul 29, 2014 ●
BathHarpswellTopshamBrunswickCumberlandNorth YarmouthFalmouthFreeportPortlandCape ElizabethScarboroughSouth PortlandChebeague IslandYarmouth

Bath Road house fire not suspicious

News

Bath Road house fire not suspicious

BRUNSWICK – A fire that occurred Saturday night rendered a single-family home at 418 Old Bath Road uninhabitable, although the house can be repaired, Fire Chief Clark Labbe said Monday.

No one was hurt in the fire, which was reported around 10:30 p.m.

Labbe said the fire is not considered suspicious. He said there were two possible causes: an overheated chimney coming in contact with the exterior sheathing of the house or an electrical wiring issue in the closet area.

Total estimated damage is about $80,000. The second floor was gutted while the first sustained water damage, Labbe said.

 

More stories like this: Harpswell, fire, fire department