Brunswick house fire displaces 2 people

  • Mail this page!
  • Delicious
  • 0

Brunswick firefighters cut a hole in the roof of a burning single-family home at 156 McKeen St. on Thursday, Feb. 8. Fire Chief Ken Brillant said the fire was caused by a candle in the living room, and had spread to the second floor when firefighters responded. Brillant described the home as “gutted,” although it will likely not need to be torn down. No one was at home at the time, but the fire displaced the couple who had been living there. The Red Cross put the residents up in the Comfort Inn the night of the fire. Fire departments from Freeport, Topsham, West Bath and Bath also responded.

0