Bath stabbing still under investigation

  • Mail this page!
  • Delicious
  • 0

BATH — Charges have not been filed in a South Street stabbing last week that continues to be reviewed by the Sagadahoc County district attorney.

As a result, police have not released the names of the people involved.

Bath officers arrived at 32 South St. at 7:22 p.m. June 9, in response to the reported stabbing of a 23-year-old Bath man. The man was wounded in the abdomen and was taken to Maine Medical Center in Portland with non-life-threatening injuries, Police Chief Mike Field said Monday.

Police also detained and interviewed an 18-year-old man, and other witnesses, before leaving the scene. The assault appeared to have resulted from an altercation, and alcohol was likely involved, they said.

Charges will depend on the results of the DA’s investigation.

0