Attic fire damages Brunswick home

  • Mail this page!
  • Delicious
  • 0

BRUNSWICK — A fire Tuesday night in the attic of a home at 78 Bay Bridge Road caused at least $50,000 damage to the uninsured property, officials said.

Brunswick firefighters responded at 7:45 p.m. and found smoke in the attic, Deputy Chief Don Koslosky of the Brunswick Fire Department told the Bangor Daily News.

The owner of the home, whose name was not immediately available, told firefighters he discovered he needed a new circuit breaker, and when he returned from the store he found smoke coming from the attic, according to Capt. Steve Emmons.

The fire was under control in about 20 minutes, Koslosky said.

Fire Chief Ken Brillant estimated the damage to be at least $50,000 because the home will likely require a new roof, wiring and potentially other work. He also said the home is uninsured.

The occupants of the damaged residence stayed with friends Tuesday night, according to Brillant.